Feb 9, 2010

2nd Ultrasound

I had my second ultrasound today (first diagnostic) and am happy to report that we are still having a BOY, and everything looks great! I always anticipate ultrasounds with a nervous excitement...always a little worried that they might find something wrong. It's such a relief to see all organs, systems, and extremities as they should be. He looks perfect!
Top: his four chambered heart. Bottom: still a boy!
Top & Bottom: cute little feet
Top: the cutest little leg I've ever seen! Bottom: hand


Top: arm. Bottom: face. They still look like aliens at this point but I just know he's going to be cute!
The unexpected news of the day was that I've lost 4 lbs since my last appointment. I attribute this to the lovely stomach flu I had a few weeks ago - but I was still surprised. Does that give me the liberty to eat whatever I want now??!!
Also...our name poll has been removed because Josh informed us that he really doesn't like the name Spencer since there's a Spencer at school who is mean (can't blame him there). We have also found a name we like better than Brigham (which was the second choice) so although we appreciate the votes they have all been repealed and our little guy's name will soon be announced after it is discussed at the dinner table this evening and we have the go-ahead from all the kids :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a confirmation on the BOY! And for a healthy growing baby. I'm excited to hear the name. I should probably announce Mckinley's name one of these days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally gives you the liberty to eat! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,
    I love the pictures. What a leg! It makes me cry that I won't be there to welcome him here. I am sure he is a precious one. Love, MOM Bishop

    ReplyDelete