Apr 19, 2009

Power

This is the "power bread" I made...I cut the dough up into individual servings before baking...so they are more like power bars. Perfect for a snack or pre/post workout replenishment. And yes, they taste scrumptious! More props to Peter Reinhart! Now my challenge is to keep up with the gobblers in my family...at least there will never be such a thing as "day old bread" in our pantry!
And just for kicks here is a picture of the baguettes I just made. I will try not to turn this into a baking blog, I'm just really excited about this new technique & the great bread it delivers!

2 comments:

  1. okay I think I'm sold! I have been thinking about that power bread since I read your blog. I'm going to buy the book! It looks so good I might have to call you with questions. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to bake my own bread even more! I"ll have to check that book out bcse I am picky about my breads too.

    ReplyDelete