Jan 2, 2008

Ready and Waiting!

Well, I think I'm officially ready for this baby to be born. Now that Christmas is over and we're going through the post-holiday let down, I'm getting really anxious. I finally packed my hospital bag today...the last thing on my list. His bassinet is set up, the clothes and blankies are all washed and organized, and I've got lots of diapers on hand - although you can never underestimate the ability of a newborn in that department! We've had some yucky sicknesses going through our family the past week, so hopefully that'll get all cleared out before he's born - the last thing I want to do is bring him home to a germ-filled house. I saw the doctor today and the good news is I've started dilating and effacing...the bad news is he said it's not necessarily a reason to expect an early delivery. But having never reached my due date before, I naturally have that expectation this time...Mark asked me the other day if I was getting nervous and I said I'm more nervous that I'll have to carry this baby for three more weeks than about the actual delivery!! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're that close because your belly looks so small! Are you having him here at my hospital? I sure hope so! And how in the world did you do that cute thing at the top of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! You are superwoman with 4 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Stephanie's! Yay, another blog to read and comment on! I hope everything goes safe and well w/the labor and delivery. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete