Dec 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Well the big day finally came! We had a really nice Christmas this year. The kids slept in until 8:00 which was a great way to start the day. We looked at all the fun things from Santa (who thankfully didn't leave us any coal) and then my dad came & had a nice breakfast with us. Our day was so relaxed so we just took our time after that opening gifts from one another, playing with new toys, and just hanging out. I even stayed in my jammies all day! It was nice to be with just our own little family most of the day and enjoy time together. Mark's parents & sisters came over for a Turkey dinner that night & that was a nice new thing for us too instead of just snacking and eating treats all day! Here are some pics from our day...my one complaint is that I didn't know our camera lens had a fingerprint on it (thanks Josh!) so some of these look a little blurry. Oh well!

Two sisters loving their new fairytopia barbies, bibbles, and polly pockets

Could Tinkerbell be any cuter?

I must admit I was glad I could fit into my new non-maternity jammies!

Josh, Raphael, & Batman!

A sweet little bride

Mark doing the stocking thing

Holly's new Ariel dress-up

The boys working on legos

We had a great time at all the family parties and various holiday events of the Season. I lost track of how many family parties we had but they were all a lot of fun and it was nice to see loved ones we don't get to talk to very often (& even those we do!) I'm grateful for our families who do a nice job of keeping the Spirit in our celebrations. We were also very grateful to be able to help a few different sub-for-Santa families and had a great experience teaching the principle of Christmas giving to our children.

We waited to do our gingerbread houses this year until daytime on Christmas Eve and it worked really well so we may make that a new tradition...it used up lots of time & kept the kids busy and entertained while awaiting Papa Noel. I baked two real gingerbread houses so Mark and Josh did one and then the girls and I did one. I think they turned out pretty cute :-)




2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's the same train as the Halloween one. And about the candy windows, there are only 6 and seriously, those two I posted were the only good ones. I'd say it probably wouldn't be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be a prego belly model! And what is Mark doing wearing shorts in December? We were freezing!

    ReplyDelete