Sep 10, 2008

For Preparing Gospel lessons:

So Mark and I have to speak in Church Sunday...no surprise, being new in the ward. I've been working on my talk (on Service if you have any great stories to contribute) and I've been searching lds.org for material but not really finding what I was looking for. Anyway, I finally had inspiration and I remembered about this BYU website I haven't used for a long time but it is so cool...I would try to describe it but the web site has it's own description that is much better:

"This index links from scriptures to the general conference talks and Journal of Discourses speeches that cite those scriptures. So, for example, suppose you want to know who has cited 1 Ne. 3:7 in general conference; click on the Book of Mormon link at the left and scroll down to 1 Ne. 3; there you'll find the answer. Who has quoted Matt. 5:48? Use the New Testament index to find out. We have indexed the scriptures cited by speakers in LDS General Conference between 1942 and the present, and those cited by speakers recorded in the Journal of Discourses between 1839 and 1886. You can sort the citation index by scripture (the default), by speaker, or by date of citation."

What a great tool! Now I'm off to finish my talk and I'm sure I'll have better success. Here is the website:

BYU Scriptural Index

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Emily. I've bookmarked it for future use. Good luck on your talks!

    ~ Melanie

    ReplyDelete